Saturday, October 19, 2013

Ladurée - Macaron Heaven

In Paris, the Ladurée chain of pastry shops has been known for its macarons for about 150 years. Ladurée is a French luxury bakery and sweets maker house. It is one of the top premier sellers of the double-decker macaron, fifteen thousand of which are sold every day. They are still one of the best known makers of macarons in the world. 
Well, that gave us some info about Ladurée ! Thanks Wikipedia! (:
But Ladurée  is not just popular in Paris, it has branches all over the world! I first learned about Macarons from photos all over the net. I googled it and wanted to try it since, but I didn't really know where to buy one. When my friend found out the a Macaron shop is located at a nearby mall, I freaked. The thing is, I forgot to ask exactly where the shop was in the mall. The directories of the mall were written in Arabic(well, of course, I am in Saudi), which I could not understand. But after a long walk around the mall, I finally reached my destination, Ladurée. I was looking for a big store which had Macarons displayed on the windows, turns out their branch in that mall was like a mini one!(I've heard they had bigger stores elsewhere in Riyadh)The macarons were 11 SR each. I bought 6 pieces with random flavors, but I didn't get too fancy with the box packaging. I opened it up when I went home, and when I did, some of the sides of the Macarons were cracked. *sob*. Nonetheless, it didn't change the taste. It was sweet, tasty and over all delicious! One of the best desserts I've ever had. 
I managed to snap some shots. (: I used my iPhone in capturing these photos so they're not the best. 
A view of the mouth-watering macarons
What I took home
Box Choices
The macarons cracked because of all the walking we did *sob*
Macaroon Choices! *yum*
Love love love their bag


-nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT © TRULY YOURS, KYLE. DESIGN BY KYLE C.